background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A place for you!

Sweet Andrew - we have a place prepared for you and we are expectant that you will get to use it!  Some friends of mine gave me a "sprinkle" on February 12th.  They brought handmade gifts and gift cards.  You got some very cool things!  We are decorating your place with orange and elephants!  We chose orange because it's the color for breakthrough, and elephants because they are big and strong! On the night of your sprinkle it snowed for the first time this "winter."  It encouraged me because I had been asking the Lord for some winter weather. :) He answered!  Here are some of the sweet things you received at the sprinkle. 


Here is your spot in our room!


I didn't put any pictures from Christmas on the blog, so I am going to post a few family pics right now!

This is your Daddy's side of the family.


This is your Nala and Grandpa K.


This is your very fun big sister!


_____________________________________________________________________________

Update on Andrew: We thought we were going to be induced on the 7th, BUT...my body doesn't seem to be ready just yet.  So, we will re-evalutae on Monday, March 5th.  The next possible date for induction is March 19th because my Dr.'s kids have spring break the 12th-16th and she does not want to do any elective procedures during that week.  If I go into labor naturally, of course she will come. 

Today I am feeling very EXPECTANT for break through.  This is not always the case, but my sweet friend Christy sent out a mass email as a call to stand firm, clothed in the armor God has provided, and Kenten and I feel strengthened to keep believing.  We can tell people are invested in prayer and standing in the gap with us! 

So, this morning as I was spending time with the Lord I felt like He said - Hebrew's 4:8. A verse in itself that is encouraging because it reminds us that Jesus is the high priest of a BETTER covenant, but that verse led me to the book of Joshua.  I read chapter's 1 and 2.  The Lord encouraged me through those chapters in two ways:  First of all, the verses about being strong and courageous, not to be terrified or discouraged for the Lord will be with us wherever we go...were placed on the heart of a friends of ours in Africa who have been praying diligently for us.  That's right people from different countries are praying for Andrew! Secondly, because Joshua was a man of great faith and the Lord chose him to lead his people into the promised land.  In these two chapters he was getting the people ready to enter the land.... just as we are by faith getting ready to receive Andrew!

Thank you Lord for your word.  


2 comments:

  1. I will continue to pray for Andrew. His little space is so sweet. Love the idea of the orange and the elephants. Praying for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Karis, I have just learned about Andrew. Please know we will be praying for healing for your precious Andrew and strength your family.

    ReplyDelete